Adding Kudos to Okta
To being syncing users from Okta to Kudos you must add the Application to your Okta account:
1. From the left hand menu in Okta select Applications > Applications
2. Once on the Applications page select Browse App Catalog
3. Once in the App Catalog search for Kudos and select Add Integration
4. Enter your subdomain into the subdomain field and select Done. Your subdomain is first part of your Kudos URL. For instance if your url was https://example.kudosnow.com then your subdomain would be example.
5. Once in the Kudos App select Provisioning > Configure API Integration
6. Check the Enable API Integration flag and enter the SCIM API token from your Kudos platform
This can be found by going to Kudos and selecting Admin > Account Settings > API > Generate API Token
Once you have entered your token in Okta you can select Save.
7. After selecting save you will be brought to the To App settings page within the Application. Here select Edit to the right of "Provisioning to App"
8. Select the enable flag for Create, Update and Deactivate and select save.
Adjusting your Okta - Kudos Profile
After adding and enabling the integration in Okta the last steps are to configure which information will be sent to Kudos. To complete this scroll down the page and under Kudos Attribute Mappings select Go to Profile Editor.
1. Once on the profile editor screen you will see the options for Add Attribute and Mappings
2. To adjust the data being sent to Kudos first you will need to add the required attributes to match on the information you wish to be sent to Kudos. Beyond the attributes added by default when building the app here are the additional attributes available to add are located within this attachment or at the bottom of this article.
To add one of the attributes into Okta select Add Attribute and then match the information in the attached excel to the fields in the Add Attribute pop-up and select Save at the bottom.
3. After adding all the attributes you wish to use select Mappings and ensure you select the Okta User to Kudos tab at the top of the Kudos User Profile Mappings pop-up. In this screen you will see all attributes that have been added and are available to use.
4. You can then adjust which fields in Okta you wish to populate each field in Kudos by selecting the desired Okta field on the left hand side values.
Below is the base recommended list of attributes Kudos setup, however not all fields present are required to be sent.
Assigning Users to your Kudos App
Now that you have added the app and built your attributes / set your mappings, the final step is to assign users to your Kudos App. To do so:
1. Go to applications on the left > Applications > Select your Kudos app
2. Inside of your app select Assignments > Assign. This will give you the option of Assign to People or Groups. If you are assigning users one by one select Assign to People, however if you have a group built in Okta already select Assign to Groups
3. Within the pop-up search for the users or groups to be assigned and click done
Thats it! After assigning users or groups to your app, Okta will automatically send any changes logged for users on the attributes setup in the profile editor and send them over to Kudos.
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.