With the Kudos® platform, you can automate your user provisioning by uploading bulk user CSV files to a FTPS account on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis. This is a good option if your HRIS system does not have a supported direct integration or if you have unique data requirements that may not be supported by an API.
To set up this integration, please contact your Account Manager or our Support Team to request your FTPS credentials.
If you would like to provide your own FTP or SFTP site to share the csv files please reach out to us to set up a call with our Support Team and your IT team in order to share the required connection details, or provide the required credentials listed below.
In order to set up your FTP site and user provisioning, we require the following:
- Name and email address of the person responsible for uploading the file to the FTP site (Required for Kudos® provided FTPS only)
- If your are utilizing your own FTP we require the host name and path, along with a username and password with read/write permission that the Kudos® platform will be able to use to authenticate
- The requested upload frequency: daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly
- Date Format you will use for Start Date and Birthday on your CSV.
- It is important to ensure that you follow this format on the CSV document you will upload to the FTP site. Date Format options are:
The next steps are to create the csv file to be exported in your HRIS system or other data source, and set up your source system to send that file to the FTP server. For more instructions on the fields available in Kudos® or formatting please see the link below below. Depending on your system provider you may need to create a support request with them, or assistance from your internal IT team to complete the FTP connection setup.
You can find the CSV file specifications under the user admin page within Kudos®. Once you are on the user admin page you can click Download under Step 2 to download a blank CSV template.
Be sure to follow the instructions and guidelines provided in Step 1 when formatting your data. While you are not required to fill all of the available fields, it is important that the columns in the template are neither removed or renamed or the upload will return an error. Also ensure that the date formats for Start Date and Birthday in your file match the format provided in the instructions above.
The Kudos® platform will automatically pull and upload your files based on the upload frequency you selected. Your Default Super Administrator will receive an email with a report of the uploaded files, including:
- New Users Added
- Supervisors Created
- Users Updated
- Users Archived
- Users Re-Activated
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and one of our friendly team members will be happy to assist you.