Pages are listed on the left sidebar of your Home Wall. They allow you to share bigger chunks of information — like newsletters or a 'Message from the President' — with pictures and tables, much like a blog entry.
Click + New Page to create a new page. This is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) text editor, which means that the final page will look close to the way you see it while editing. You can add pictures, hyperlinks, line breaks, tables and bullet points to your Custom Page.
We have a few tips to make this editor work for you:
- Images that exceed the page width will automatically shrink to fit 100%.
- PDF and Video Uploads can be a maximum size of 40 MB.
- The allowed headings and text colors are pre-defined in the Paragraph drop-down menu.
- To create a quote, please type the text first, then select it and click the quote sybmol button to make that entire text a quote.
- To edit the HTML Code directly, which we only recommend for intermediate and advanced users, use the Source button on the bottom right of the toolbar.
- To embed a video, first copy the embed code from a site such as Youtube or Vimeo, then select the video button and paste the code into the Source tab. Hit insert before closing.
Uploading a PDF:
- Select the ‘Image’ button under ‘Content’ (top line, 5th from the right)
- Select the ‘Upload’ tab, choose your PDF file, and click ‘Send to server’
- Once this has uploaded, it will automatically take you to the ‘Image Info’ tab and appear as a red X under the preview - this is ok!
- Copy the address under ‘URL’ and click ‘OK’
- Paste the url on the page (it will disappear automatically - again this is ok)
- Click ‘Save’ and you will see a preview of the PDF as it will appear to general users
- When you are ready, make the page active and you should be good to go!
Before saving, remember to: Activate the Page, enter a title and add relevant tags (if you want to categorize your pages for the menu) to your Custom Page. After you're done editing, hit Save. You'll now see three buttons in the top right: Broadcast Page, Delete Page, and Edit Page. Clicking on Broadcast Page will share it as a Announcement to let your Team know new information has been posted. You also have the option to have this Announcement go out to your team as a email.
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please post a comment below and one of our friendly team members will be happy to assist you.