So, you want to get a head start on using Spaces, and move your Pages to Spaces ahead of the Kudos migration? That’s great news! We love Spaces, and we’re sure you’ll love it too!
This is a perfect time to do a refresh on the content you have available in Kudos and decide which content you’d like to carry-over to the new Spaces. Deleting any Pages that you no longer need ensures that you have a fresh start in Spaces.
Before you begin moving your Pages to Spaces, it is important to delete any Pages that you no longer need. For instructions on how to delete Pages before beginning your migration, click here.
Once you have deleted any Pages that you no longer need on Kudos, you can follow these steps to move your content to Spaces:
1. Open two tabs in your Internet browser – one for Pages and one for Spaces – so that you can easily go back and forth between the two applications.
2. Open the Page you want to transfer to Spaces by clicking the title on the Pages Widget on the left-side of the window. Click Edit to open the editing window.
3. Click Source, then highlight and copy all of the code text that appears.
4. In the tab you have opened for Spaces, start a New Page within the Space you want to include the content in.
5. Click Code View which appears as < > on the formatting bar. Paste the coded text from the Page editor. Click Code View again to close the code editor.
6. The contents of your original Page will now appear on the newly created Spaces Page! Be sure to add a Title to your page. You will need to do some formatting to ensure the new Page appears how you’d like it to.
7. To finish migrating the Page to Spaces, you will need to Save or Publish the new page. Save and Publish can be found at the top of the editing window for the Page.
Save: Click Save if you want to save the Page as a draft. This is the same as having a Page as inactive on the original Pages Widget. All of the content is there, but you don’t want it visible to the entire organization yet. This is a great idea for pages that relate to annual events or seasonal posts.
Publish: Click Publish if you’d like your newly created Page to be live. You will be able to choose when you’d like the page to publish, if you’d like the page to be posted on the Home feed, or if you’d like to notify users of the page via email.
8. Once you have Saved or Published your new Page in Spaces, return to the original Pages Widget menu and be sure to delete the page you just migrated. If it is not deleted, it will be duplicated in Spaces when Kudos performs the migration.