You may know badges as a fun addition to the Kudos Awards function, and that badges can be used with or without points as a great way to recognize and congratulate a team member for a big accomplishment, new certification, or reaching an important milestone. Kudos is excited to introduce a new feature so that you can now give more users the ability to send your custom badges with Badge Permissions!
Please reach out to your Account Manager or our Kudos Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like us to enable Badge Permissions for your organization.
- Once enabled, all custom badges will default to All Users.
- Anyone that has Admin, Super Admin or Users with the Give Kudos Awards feature enabled will be able to send all badges, regardless of the badge permissions.
- If a User has "Give Kudos Award" enabled and they are only supposed to be able to send specific badges, you must turn off Give Kudos Awards for that person prior to giving them permission on the specific custom badges.
- Selecting All Users will give all users in the organization permission to use this badge. Be sure to lock the points if you do not want users to be able to choose the amount of points to send with the badge.
- Users will only see the Awards option when sending Kudos messages if there are Custom Badges available for them to send. If a User does not have any badge permissions, they will not see the Awards option when sending Kudos messages.
After we have enabled this feature for your organization, you can start assigning custom badge permissions by navigating to Admin ⚙️ > Account Settings > Customize > Badges and click on a Custom Badge. Next, you can add the user, department, group or location you'd like to give permission to. Be sure to click Save when you’re done!
We hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com and one of our team members would be happy to help out.