Kudos tries to make giving recognition and engaging employees as easy as possible, and our Single Sign-On integration is a big part of making connecting simple. This document will discuss how to configure Kudos to work with an existing SAML-based SSO server or any SAML-compliant service provider of your choice.
What You Need to Get Started:
- Administrator privileges in Kudos
- A SAML-based Identity Provider that can issue x.509 certificates
- Sign-On URL (Identity Provider Endpoint)
- An administrator who is familiar with configuring an SSO server or service provider
Configuring Kudos to Use Your Existing Single Sign-On:
- To begin, navigate to Admin ⚙️ > Account > Integrations > SSO > Connect
- Enter your Sign-On URL (Identity Provider Endpoint) and enter your x.509 certificate. Certificate x.509 must be a ‘BEGIN CERTIFICATE’ and an 'END CERTIFICATE'.
- Choose a logout URL. This is where your users will be directed after they log out. You can use your custom Kudos URL or any other URL.
- Enter your Kudos URL subdomain only, and click Save.
If you receive the error “HTTP Error 400: The size of the request headers is too long” this site provides some troubleshooting: Fails Due to Token Size.
To see an example of integrating with ADFS, please click here.
If you require an SSO provider, are experiencing difficulty, or feel that your SAML service provider or server is not supported, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly team members will be happy to assist you.