This article will guide you through adding and editing badges, locking badges and using badge permissions. Badges are a fun addition to the Awards function and can be used with or without points as a great way to recognize and congratulate a team member for a big accomplishment, new certification, or reaching an important goal. Your account comes with a default library of Badges you can utilize, or you can add your own custom designs.
By default, Super Admins and Admins are able to send Awards. Limited Admin Privileges can be assigned to Users to allow them to send Awards and badges.
To ensure that Badges are turned on for your account, begin by navigating to Admin ⚙️ > Account Settings > Customize > Giving Recognition and enable Badges.
To view and add Custom Badges, navigate to Admin ⚙️ > Account Settings > Customize > Badges. Your account comes with a default library of Badges that you can add or remove. You can decide which Badges you want to make available by clicking the checkboxes in front of the Badge title.
To add a Custom Badge, click Custom and then click + New Badge under Badge Library. Add a name and description for the Badge, and upload the file from your computer. Badges should be 100px wide by 100px high. Once you’ve uploaded your Badge and given it a name and description, click Save.
If your organization uses points, you can set a default amount of points associated with each Badge, and either lock the points amount or leave it editable for the sender to decide when giving out the Badge. You can also lock the points at zero if you want a specific badge to always be associated with no points.
To edit points associated with Badges, navigate to the Admin ⚙️ > Account Settings > Customize > Badges. Click on the Badge you'd like to edit. Here you can edit the name, image, description and activate the badge:
If points are not locked for a specific badge, the sender will be able to set the points amount to anything within their Points to Give allocation. When points are locked to a Badge, they cannot be changed when sending an Award. If the sender does not have enough points to give, the Award will be sent without points.
Badge permissions allow you to determine which users can send a specific badge. Please reach out to your Account Manager or our Kudos®️ Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like us to enable Badge Permissions for your organization.
- Once enabled, all custom badges will default to All Users.
- Anyone that has Admin, Super Admin, or Users with the Give Awards feature enabled will be able to send all badges, regardless of the badge permissions.
- If a User has "Give Awards" enabled and they are only supposed to be able to send specific badges, you must turn off Give Awards for that person prior to giving them permission on the specific custom badges.
- Selecting All Users will give all users in the organization permission to use this badge. Be sure to lock the points if you do not want users to be able to choose the number of points to send with the badge.
- Users will only see the Awards option when sending recognition messages if there are Custom Badges available for them to send. If a User does not have any badge permissions, they will not see the Awards option when sending recognition messages.
After we have enabled this feature for your organization, you can start assigning custom badge permissions by navigating to Admin ⚙️ > Account Settings > Customize > Badges and click on a Custom Badge. Next, you can add the user, department, group, or location you'd like to give permission to. Be sure to click Save when you’re done!
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and one of our friendly team members will be happy to assist you.
Article is closed for comments.